Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Collapsing in the Living Room


Today's at home wod:
--- 4 rounds ---
45 sec - jump rope
15 sec - static hold squat
45 sec - burpees
15 sec - plank hold
45 sec - sit ups
15 sec - V hold

The initial goal was to do double unders, but I had to shorten my rope and figured out that now it doesn't turn like it should, so I ended up doing singles, I plan on properly shortening my rope later today so that I can complete double unders and continue to get better at them.

It took me 2 days to recover enough from the wod on Saturday to be able to do another one today. Sunday and yesterday my legs were so torn up I couldn't even sit on the toilet without wincing in pain. What a wonderful feeling.

Saturday and today I discovered the meaning behind a pain that I first felt in my first few weeks of crossfit, for me its a sharp stabbing feeling in my gut, it hurts to breathe more than ever and my muscles get fatigued so much faster than they use to. The meaning (I am pretty sure for me) behind that pain is my body trying to break down the shit that I have been in taking lately and use it for fuel to get through the work out.
"if I knew then what I know now"
When I first started crossfit I didn't associate that pain with food, and once I started to change my diet, I never looked back. The last few days of eating processed things like bread, cheese, pasta, canned veggies etc...
Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for the food that I do have, but there is now new light shined on why I prefer to eat the way that I do. I know that I can get through the work out with what I have, and for now... that is the plan.

Special thanks to Tommy for helping me come up with the wod Saturday and the one that I did today!!

I miss collapsing with fellow crossfitters and sharing at the end of the wod what was the roughest part to get through... but I am happy that I am not quitting on myself and working out regularly.

1 comment: