Saturday, June 12, 2010

All by myself...



Today I surprised myself. I decided instead of moaping around because I couldn't afford to make the drive to Costa Mesa that I would do a work out at home. This was my wod:

AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) in 10 minutes
5 push ups
10 squats
50 meter sprint

I completed 10 rounds.

We live at the top of this little hill so 1/2 of that was up hill... no bueno... that's all I have to say about that. It was fun though, and I am keeping up with the image of the neighbors thinking I am insane. One neighbor stopped to ask if I was ok because I was screaming during the sprints then dropped to do pushups straight up into squats...Another neighbor stopped washing her car to watch me do this... I made a lot of noise because I knew it was only 10 minutes and I HAD to push myself. My goal was 7 rounds, and I am very happy and proud of myself for exceeding my expectations.

I think that keeping up on wods and completing them alone might be my next venture and test of mental fortitude. I know that I love crossfit and I know that I don't have the means to get into the gym right now, I know that excuses will only stunt my progress and training, so the obvious decision is to train alone to the best of my ability.

From today on I will be working out a minimum of 4 days a week, looking on the main site for wods that I can do and open to suggestions and support from fellow crossfitters on wods.

I know that I cannot continue down the path that I am of not working out consistently, I know that I am in control of my day to day life, so I will accept this new challenge with wide open arms knowing that it might be painful, but I am worth it.

1 comment:

  1. way to go Chaz! i'll try to think of some good wod's for you to do! 500 squats?... haha!

    ReplyDelete