Sunday, November 7, 2010

CFCM Testimonial 10/2009


This week while going through my things I stumbled upon the testimonial that I wrote 3 months after starting CrossFit... this is what I had to say:







When I was asked to write a testimonial for CFCM I was super excited because of all the progress I’ve made in only 3 short months. As I started to gather together measurements, weight and workout times I realized that those are only numbers and to a lot of people, and not impressive of motivating to someone who has never met me. I know that some people feel that way because I was there once.
So beyond just the weight and inches that I have lost, I have gained so much more. In crossfit I have found a community of people that genuinely care about me and my well being. Happy, healthy, positive, inspiring, motivating people that daily hold me accountable and push me beyond what I ever thought I was capable of doing. I have learned that I am the only person holding myself back and that I have the power to change my life and the direction that I am headed.
All of these things I have known but am just now starting to realize and believe in.
I can now believe in myself and that is an awesome feeling.
This isn’t something that I magically learned when I stepped into the gym, this is something that I am still learning and battling with daily. But I learn a little more, believe in myself a little more, live a little more with each completed workout, with a new PR, when I break down in a workout and don’t know if I can finish or pull through, when I decide to not count a rep because I KNOW I didn’t have full range on it. I have learned perseverance in the face of everything in me wanting to give up; I have fine tuned my self control and integrity.
All of the knowledge that I have gained since starting is priceless and life changing.
To me CFCM is about so much more than getting physically fit and having good workout times, its about growing as an individual, challenging myself and becoming part of a healthy community.

10/2009

1 comment: